Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here's a Poem I wrote Once Upon a Long Time Ago... Couldda been recently...

ONE THING ABOUT ME- I LOVE POETRY. I write it all the time. For almost everything that's ever happened to me in my life, there's a poem about it that I've written. I write as a way to express my feelings. My heart and soul goes into each poem and it leaves me silent...normal...without feelings most of the time. People wonder why I don't cry or show much emotion- why I just get silent and never angry or upset.. This is why- I write down how I feel then the emotion has no need to be displayed and no one ever gets hurt by it. It's literally gone and I feel better. That's why I'm always happy- that's all I know how to be really.



For a little hint of what I like to write, here's one below. I originally wrote this for a guy I used to date. Things didn't end up working out and I had a really hard time getting over it at first, until I completley avoided him altogether. It's hard getting through a break-up. It seems as if all is going well and the only thing that seems to be "going" is the guy. You can't stop thinking of them...They're always on your mind... You wonder if they're having a hard time also or out celebrating their new freedom as fast as they can.. So enjoy! I'll be posting a few more in the near future.





Its cold outside but I'm out here
On my own, just thinking of you
Looking up at the stars in the sky
Wondering if you're looking at them too

It's kind of late, and as I drift off to sleep
I'm looking forward to dreaming of you
I dream that we're together once more
I wonder if you're dreaming of me too

As I go throughout the next day
I constantly have you on my mind
I wonder if you ever stop to think of me
Do I ever even cross your mind?

It's sad that even though we have separated
I still can't get you off of my mind
I still reminisce those few times we were together
How happy I was once upon a time

I often wonder to myself, what went wrong?
Did I ever hurt you, or tell you a lie?
Why aren't you willing to go far for someone
who is worthy of you? Why not try?

Maybe it’s the distance between you and me
That separates us- "geographically"
Then again, it could be the fact
That you're far from me "emotionally"

If that was the case, why didn't you say so?
Why were you just avoiding me?
Why don't you ever call anymore?
Have you forgotten me?

And so here I am, still thinking about you
Hope you're doing the same, as hard as it seems
Even if we never meet again, I can say
At least I'll see you once more in my dreams.




If you wanna go on a scavenger hunt, you can google my name and find lots of poems I've written. Many are from a troubled youth growing up in foster care wondering where her parents are... many are from relationships, life, Religious poems, etc. Enjoy! Lemme know what you think. Feedback is ESSENTIAL for bloging! If anyone really is reading this......

1 comment: