Thursday, July 29, 2010

SCOOOORRRRRRRRE!!!!


First off, I owe a GINORMOUS **THANK YOU** to my roommates Amber and Liz. I almost died TWICE and both times, they saved me!! OMG so I was skipping along Merrily throughout my room after a long progressive day, looking forward to showering and pondering what Sweet dreams of hot guys and ice cream I'd have that night when all of a sudden, a MONSTER jumped out and revealed itself to me!! Little did I realize about 5 seconds beforehand that this could be MY LAST DAY. (Dun dun DUNNNNN!!!!!) But the brave Lizette stepped out of her zone and BRUTALLY MASSACRED THE BEAST!!! It thought it could escape- it thought it could run away using all the strength it possessed in its 8 legs, but the little freaky demonic pestilence was wrong. Loyal Liz outsmarted the creature on my behalf and I praised her as she defeated it. THE NEXT DAY, today, I was on my way into the kitchen for a midnight snack, when all of a sudden, the BEAST was BACK!!! It thought it was slick- the traitor thought it could come back to life and disguise itself on the wall like a camouflage coat in the forest but it was No Match against the the Amazing Almighty Amber!!! After a gruesome battle and the sacrifice of one of her dearly beloved flip flops, revenge was sweeter than my jelly toast. I am now content as we have won the battle and defeated our ultimate enemy.. and I hereby proclaim, as I smear the legs of one creature and the guts of the other onto a banner and raise it high above my bedroom door and I pronounce: "SPIDERS, YE BE WARNED."


..Whelp, other than that, I've had a FABULOUS week so far!! I've been on the lookout for a place to stay in Utah, and I finally found one today! I'll be housing in a big 2-story house with 5 girls (I get my own room) who I hear are WONDERFUL!! LOL we seem to even have friends in common even though we have never met each other yet. I like how this world seems to get smaller and smaller the more people you know.. Haa..

So this week I'm going to focus more on better budgeting. I always think- being a college student, where do you draw the line between successful or failing? Should I have a certain amount of money saved up or should I be in debt? Luckily I have absolutely NO DEBT WHATSOEVER so far.. and I'm doing well. It's not easy to save- its easy to spend, I think. Its SO easy once you're on your own and you got a little savings and you think you OWN THE WORLD... and the next thing you know, you can't decide between NEEDS and WANTS and you end up dipping into your savings account more and more and more until you notice it disintegrates and then you realize that you were just OWNED!!! ..Maybe that's just me.. Well, I would never get THAT bad at it.. LOL I have learned a few GREAT things at YMO (If you don't know what YMO is, read my earlier blogs) about budgeting and money management and I plan on using them. It is easy to believe that everyone out there is out to get me sometimes.. That all people want is money. Ugh it gets pretty intense- anything you want or need or even the Thought of having something *costs*. Kinda like car and health insurance. I've had my own car and health insurance since I first started driving, and have been paying hundreds and thousands of dollars just to have the "Title." Just to say "Hey! I'm covered." But I have never really used them for anything. I'm super healthy and I may be a crazy driver, but I'm SAFE. I've never gotten into any accidents that were purposely my fault. *knock on wood* Well I guess I'll be glad if an indecent does happen in the future that's uncalled for- I'll be glad to have "just the Title" of insurance so that I'm covered.



I think that's enough blabbing for one night.. Keep following me! You know why you should? Cuz I'm Simon and Simon Says "FOLLOW ME!!!" Take care y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment