Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 2 of SEPARATION- My first Day of School

Sooooo...

I started school yesterday.. At the University of Utah. that school is abnormally LARGE and I don't see how on earth they find it appropriate to continuously build MORE to it. I decided to wear sweat pants and jogging shoes and a cute top because I figured I'd be walking a few miles that day from class to class. I had no sleep the night before school- as always. I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking I was running late. Finally I wake up, get ready and go to school. I left 40 minutes earlier than I was supposed to, thinking that I could use that time to find my classroom but instead, I was using that time to FIND MY SCHOOL!! Its still SUPER hard getting around Utah so I rely on my only valid source of reliable information- My GPS. Unfortunately my GPS decided to take some kind of early vacation without prior notice so I'm circling throughout town looking for any sign of the U. I got sooooo frustrated trying to find the Institute parking lot and on top of that, my GPS froze and I ended up going the wrong direction in a one-way street.

Finally I managed to find school campus, and I just parked at the first open space I could find. A nearby Professor pointed me out to the building I was supposed to have class at. Luckily I made it to class EXACTLY on time, and my Professor even brought donuts for the entire class!!

Right now I'm taking a General Psychology class, Professional Writing, Health Psychology and Family Studies at the University of Utah.

After my first 3 classes, I decided to go buy my books. They were around $600 for all of them (YUCK) and I carried the heavy load across campus by myself to where I THOUGHT I was parked. I looked around- no sign of my car.
I walked to the next nearby parking lot, which was HUGE also, and looked around. Still no sign of my car.

For a school that has 54,000 students, you'd think they'd give their parking lots NAMES of something, or at Least have the decency to line up all their parking lots. Instead, I was walking AROUND THE ENTIRE CAMPUS looking for a little white Dodge Neon with a Hollywood bumper sticker. How I longed for relief of my super heavy load at that time.. But there was no help. Every time I asked someone, they'd tell me they couldn't help and they didn't know where I parked either. This was sooooooo frustrating for me, and after TWO HOURS of looking around the school and sitting down to pout Twice, I FINALLY found it. I completely missed the beginning of the first day of one of my classes, and I was so sweaty and sore that I just threw my books in the trunk and went home. (of course, my GPS was still on vacation so I got lost on my way home and ended up stopping all lanes of traffic in an intersection when I tried making a 4 point U-turn on a yellow light and got one of my tires stuck in a ditch..


Yes, that was my adventure of the day.. It was Horrible.


But wait- it gets better-



My Wonderful new boyfriend (GUESS WHAT?? I HAVE A BOYFRIEND NOW!!!) Randy took me out that night on a date and made up for my terrible day. It turned out he had a bad day also, and it was nice for both of us to take a break from all responsibility and just enjoy ourselves. We went to Sundance Ski Resort and rode the ski-lifts up the mountain to watch the stars and full moon. It was scary to be up so high, yet peaceful and serene. I really enjoyed myself and I'm sure he did too. A little bit about Randy- he's 23, he works with his father in a pipe company and he's an AMAZING photographer. You can find his works at http://www.randymajor.me/home.html He has an amazing personality and he's super fun to be around. He's a gentleman and I feel safe around him. I'm grateful to have met him and I'm glad that I can have him as a close friend also to talk to anytime. In a sense he fills the gap of having no twin here with me. I'll keep everyone posted on my adventures again this week!!

3 comments:

  1. CORRI HE IS A CUTIE!!!! WOHOO!!!! CONGRATS!!! I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! =D - Jessel

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Corri! Hang in there - things will become easier! ps - I feel the same way about Utah but Andy always says it's so easy because it's a grid system - so all you have to remember is... I don't remember but I'll ask Andy and let you know.. something about south and north and east and west and the numbers blah blah. Anyhow, good luck in school! Don't worry - soon you'll be a pro at the streets and know your way everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I look forward to that! =D LOL I still get lost all the time..

    ReplyDelete