Tuesday, July 24, 2012

LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!! ...uhhh, in Utah.

HEY FOLLOWERS!

On behalf of myself and my Spouse, we would like to publicly welcome each and every reader to this Blog again! People keep telling me I should write blogs more often, but all the schoolwork I have makes me not want to write anything more than a Facebook status haha. Sooooooooo my week's been going GREAT so far! Sean just got a new job in Salt Lake City so we're gonna be moving in a few weeks for that; I'm going to attend UVU again in the Fall (reminding everyone again that this is the only school I've ever heard of that's mascot is ROADKILL)   ..and if I survive that, I'll be graduated by the end of next Summer! Yessss I look forward to the sweet victory of a Bachelor's degree (even though I'm married) and a full time office job somewhere over the rainbow (isn't that the typical American dream?) when school's out!  OK ok so I really want to get a degree to prove a point. I grew up in foster care, and I just learned some STUNNING statistics today about foster youth!!!

*An astounding 66% of all former foster youth end up homeless, doing drugs, in jail or DEAD within 2 years of them leaving the system. (yikes!)
*80-90% of former foster females end up pregnant (unplanned) within the first 2 years.
*Only 10% attempt to go to college and less than 2% get a degree.

Well, I've made up my mind- the only way I'm gonna ever be pregnant and on the streets is if I get to be in some kind of PARADE someday as Mrs USA after I have a couple kids...!!!! Hahaha and candy makes me hyper enough- why do I need drugs? I don't understand people who think that candy can't give them more satisfaction...... I mean, have you ever seen someone enjoying a Twix bar on TV? They're dressed up nicely, hair and makeup done, and are enjoying that candy bar!!!! Drugs on the other hand- nah ah. Those people are usually sitting somewhere in a dark alley or in a cluttered house, with messy hair, no makeup, crusty lips, yellow teeth and they probably paid way more for something that's gonna destroy their conscience, ruin their lives and harm themselves. I choose candy ANY day. HOW CAN ANYONE DENY ITS YUMMINESS?!?!?!?!?!!!!!?

Another funny thing that happened today was when Sean took me to Sally's Beauty Supply and told me I can buy whatever I wanted. My Kool-Aid grin became wider than my shoulders as I ran up and down every aisle picking what I wanted. The whole time, Sean looked VERY bored and wasn't interested in the stuff I bought, only that I needed it or it made me happy. After we left, Sean's face LIT UP when he saw a Vitamin & Supplement store. I told him he could go in and get whatever he needed, and we stayed there for a good hour, and as Sean asked the merchant many questions about health supplements and vitamins, I caught myself sitting at the corner of the store in a chair, yawning and thinking about how BORING it was. LOL!!!! We're totally opposite but we react the same way!! In the end, we were both happy with our purchases. :) :)

  





Aside from that (I dunno how we even got to talking about candy haha), Sean and I are doing LOVELY! We went on a little lovely weekend getaway (hah getaway from Provo) last week and stayed in Salt Lake. He took me to the zoo for the first time EVER. We also ate out a ton, he took me on a couple shopping spree's in which I got TONS of stuff to pamper myself, which I think I'll do after writing this blog! He's really excited about starting his new job- he'll be programming lights, fans, and all household appliances to turn of and on automatically by the touch of an iPad app. Even the water, air conditioner and doors can lock/unlock or open close and its all controlled by an app! I dunno how he does it..... :)


Soooooooooo the time has come, Followers, to put an end to your sufferings, I mean readings.. (JK JK) I don't wanna be responsible for soo many readers' strained eyes, bad posture and anxiety from wondering what I'm gonna write next.. But I hope everyone has an AMAZING week and remember to Smile for at least 10 random people each day! It makes you BOTH happy. Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment