Monday, March 3, 2014

Spring Cleaning of the House and the Self





Happy Monday! Cancun was SUPER FUN and we spent the whole week beach bummin'! Haa not really. But we did sip a lot of smoothies and pina coladas (virgin) out there! The weather was nice and warm and we went zip-lining over the jungle, swimming under caves, hiking, visited the ancient Chichen Itza Mayan temples, rode amphibious vehicles through the jungle and in caves, and went rafting!! More images are available on Facebook LOL there were waaayyyyy too many to post in this itty bitty blog! In case you're wondering though, I can assure you we had a great time.

   


Things are going great in the Thomas household! We're doing our Spring cleaning of making our house look really good and SPOTLESS because we're selling it! Well, trying at least. This house is Beautiful, and it's been a tremendous blessing living in our neighborhood and being in our family ward, but sometimes you get new opportunities and ya just gotta move on with life! These opportunities include moving to Provo so we can be closer to Sean's job and our family, as well as saving to buy a new house in Provo. And I get to spend more time with my twin!

 

Our plan is to sell our house and throw all the money into a savings account that we can't touch, move into an apartment for a little while, and once the perfect house comes up for sale that we really REALLY want, we'd have the cash to make an offer and put a down payment on it that day! No more waiting months at a time for our down payment money to "season" while some other couple takes our dream home from our hands!

We're also focusing on Spring cleaning of the selves also. I've been taking multivitamins and this new Hair Skin Nails product from the Itworks company. I've heard raving reviews about this product so I wanted to try it for myself. Sean's been taking zumba classes in the mornings before work and he gets so many compliments! People can definitely tell he's a ballroom dancer by the way he shakes his hips and dances so well to the rhythm of the music! He totally loves ballroom dancing. If it wasn't for my bad neck and back, I would've started dancing with him years ago!
 

My back and neck are actually getting better! Slowly but surely, I've been able to go to the gym again and even do a few ballroom lessons with my Sweetie! We both applied for BYU summer-school so we can hopefully take a ballroom class together. If it's meant to be, I'll get accepted (Sean has no problem getting in because his mom works there LOL) and we'll sell the house and move to Provo and maybe even compete a few times together!


I've been enjoying the attention I get from modeling also. I've had fun modeling with my twin sister Karri for a few photoshoots. Modeling is so much fun and a lot more work than most people think! I have to be in tip top shape EVERY DAY and according to my agent, I'm not allowed to leave my house without makeup and a nice outfit (unless I'm headed to a makeup-artist's salon to get makeup done for a shoot). She says I need to always be, "A walking casting-call and a fashion runway doll." I LOVE runway, it's a lot of fun and the upbeat electro/techno music they play at most fashion shows gives me a rush like no other music! It's thrilling. Modeling to me is like paying a great big real-life game of DRESS UP! I get to be the doll, and people dress me, put makeup on me, do my hair, etc. It's like a makeover every week and I get to experiment with different looks, hairstyles, clothes and makeup that I'm normally too lazy to do myself! I like to encourage ALL my friends and family members to do modeling, whether for fun or for a career. Nothing beats that feeling you get when those camera lights are flashing in your face and you're the star of the day! I like to refer to myself as a clean slate, or canvas, where artists (fashion designers, hair stylists, and makeup artists) can showcase and display their work. It's amazing.

 

Sean's doing EXCELLENT right now, he absolutely loves working for atly and he has been really busy these past few months starting and making his own business with a friend! I think he said it officially releases in a few weeks. Supposedly this new business is gonna make us rich someday! That would be nice, but I already consider us rich! Not necessarily in terms of money, but in blessings! I have the Gospel in my life, the man of my dreams by my side every single day, a family that loves me and plus my hair randomly grew a few inches longer! :D That's the definition of rich to me. What more could I possibly need??


Have a GREAT week everyone! Remember that you control whether your week is good or bad so make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment