Monday, October 4, 2010

After 45 days... I GOT TO SEE MY TWIN!!!


Yes, after a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng 45 whoppin' days here in Salt Lake City, Utah; after having gone from class to class, dance to dance, church, work, studying, sleeping, DREAMING without a twin, I was reluctant to have her here with me this last weekend. Let me remind you all that this has been the LONGEST time we've ever been separated in our LIVES. Yes there was communication via cell phone, text messaging, Skype, email, etc., but it's just not the same when you're missing someone who has always been by your side since birth.


At first, I didn't know what to think. What if I had gained a bunch of weight since our separation and Karri comes and I automatically become classified as the "fat twin"? What if her hair has grown longer than mine? What if she was non-social due to the fact that she hasn't seen me in so long? What if I've become a boring person or too independent and wouldn't want to be around her?? All these questions kept running through my mind, but then I realized, she's my twin. She will always be like me, no matter what we do or where we go.


Seeing Karri pull up in my Mom's car was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had out here. I was so excited to see her, yet all my worries melted as she got out of the car. I realized that she still looked and acted just like me, and that she was just as happy to see me as I was to see her.


Karri stayed with me for the weekend, and she got to meet my roommates. I was by spending time with her that I realized how non-social I've been out here on my own. My roommates even noticed how much happier I was, how playful and goofy I acted when I was with my twin. We had a blast dancing, cooking, playing, goofing off and laughing together.




Karri left early this morning and I already miss her, but she's going back to her life and responsibilities in Pasadena, CA and I'm staying here in Salt Lake and will continue with my life and responsibilities here in Salt Lake, UT.




I know it's going to be hard to stay out here for a year, but that was my plan and I'm not backing down. I needed this. I needed to see, to feel, to learn what it's like to be an individual. I feel that this will greatly effect how I talk, think, act, live, learn, etc. and I know that there's many other reasons why I'm here in Salt Lake that I haven't figured out yet. I usually don't know why I move somewhere- and at times life gets sooooo hard but something good always comes out of each experience. Like foster care, this too is my temporary home and I'm going to take what good I can get out of it to support my quest to find happiness and independence.




P.S: I am sooooooooo grateful that my Mom and Dad could come too!!! I absolutely LOVE them soooooo much and enjoy any opportunity I have to spend time with them. I am so grateful to have been adopted and I am proud to be a Lauritzen. =)




The advice I offer today is for myself as well all my fans and followers, "Stay strong. Good will come- it always does." Thanks for following me, and keep checking my blog- I'll be writing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment